Creative Multi-Purpose WooCommerce Theme
Thank you for purchasing our theme. It has an understandable documentation that is easy to setup. If you still have some questions that you could not find in this help file, please contact us through email via our user page contact form here. You can also follow us on Themeforest for our future themes, that you could be interested in. Thank you very much!
There are several ways to install wp themes, we prefer using FTP but you may choose any other ways. Please read more about theme installation on the official website at http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Themes
If you choose to use ftp, do the following:
- please unzip the installable zip file that you downloaded from ThemeForest (mango.zip);
- upload "Mango" theme folder to the theme directory of your WordPress via ftp;
- log into your WordPress admin dashboard and activate "Mango" theme in the Appearance => Themes section;
Note, "Mango" contains built-in Evatheme Page Builder. You don't need to install the plugin. It will be activated automatically on the pages and posts sections after theme installation.
After activation of "Mango" we recommend to establish the following plug-ins
1. Slider Revolution - This plugin features tons of unique transition effects, an image preloader, video embedding, autoplay that stops on user interaction and lots of easy to set options to create your own effects. For more information please head to Slider Revolution. Is in archive of "Mango-archive" in the folder "plugins".
2. Contact Form 7 - Just another contact form plugin. Simple but flexible. For more information please head to Contact Form 7.
3. MailChimp for WordPress Lite - MailChimp for WordPress lets you create a highly customizable sign-up form. You can show the form anywhere you want using a simple shortcode, widget or template function. You can also add MailChimp sign-up checkboxes to various other forms on your site, like your comment or contact forms. MailChimp for WordPress Lite.
4. WooCommerce - Transform your WordPress website into a thoroughbred eCommerce store. Delivering enterprise-level quality and features, backed by a name you can trust. Say "hello" to the WooCommerce eCommerce plugin. WooCommerce.
Theme Options Panel Overview
This theme comes with its own theme options panel. You can manage general theme settings panel. Let's review it:
- General: Top Panel show/hide, preloader loading, SEO default settings (meta-description, meta-keywords, etc.);
- Theme Update: this item will help you keep track of updates to the theme. if released update, you will be notified;
- Header and Footer: Main Sidebar styles, Logo options, Favicon options and settings for the footer;
- Blog: show/hide Blog Top Panel and choice of social icons;
- Portfolio: Portfolio options and Portfolio single page setting;
- WooCommerce: Page Title, Single Product Title, number of products per page and number of product columns;
- Coming Soon: Control of styles and installation of time of counting;
- Colors and Styling: adjust theme color options (main theme color, heading, menu, footer colors etc).
- Typography: theme uses google web fonts. Please choose the desired font from the drop down menu for content fonts, typography H1, H2, H3, H4, H5,H6;
- Social Icons: the full list of available social links;
- Custom jQuery and CSS: fields for custom settings input and connection Google Analytics code or other code;
- Backup Options: You can use the two buttons below to backup your current options, and then restore it back at a later time. This is useful if you want to experiment on the options but would like to keep the old settings in case you need it back.
Import Demo Content
It is very simple.
If you are using the theme to build a new website which does not have any content yet, we strongly recommend to use the demo content files. This theme includes XML and settings data files which will allow you to upload the demo content to your website. The structure is the same as in the Live Demo Preview. (images are excluded)
Next step is to import the import.xml data
- Browse to the folder called "import"
- Find the import.xml file
- Log into WordPress
- Go to Tools -> Import
- Click on "WordPress"
- Click to select your file
- Choose the xml file you want to import.
Note: Do not forget to checkmark the "Download and Import File Attachments" option in order to import images too.
Update theme to the latest version
Our themes are constantly improvied, we add new features. We always meet our customers halfway and make changes on their request. So you could always be aware of all the updates, our theme has a function of notification about the new version of your theme.
The upgrade process
Navigate to Appearance > Themes in your WordPress admin. From there, activate a default theme like Twenty Twelve. Next, you’ll need to delete the old version of what ever theme you’re trying to upgrade. In our case, Cook Traveler.
Don’t worry. All your settings, content, images, etc are safe. Just keep in mind that if you’ve edited the theme files directly then you’ll lose these. That’s why the WordPress community is generally recommending using child themes.
Now, click on the Install Themes tab, then the upload button. From here you can upload the ZIP file. Once that’s done, activate your theme and you’ll be running the latest version.
Our theme has the options which allow you to change its layout.
Evatheme Page Builder Elements Overview
This WordPress theme comes with the built-in Evatheme Page Builder section, which allows you to create custom page layouts with ease.
Here is the full list of available modules:
- Accordion - add simple accordion style with collapsible components;
- Banner - element the banner allowing to create with the background picture, headings and the button;
- Before After - display of two pictures, one picture is replaced with another;
- Blog - displays 4 types of posts. Masonry (2-4 columns), standard, in chessboard order and a roundabout from the last posts;
- Column - display any content (theme shortcodes, shortcodes outside, html);
- Content - display entire content available in the visual editor;
- Counter - display numeric data;
- Divider - add divider to separate module blocks;
- Gallery - display of a set of pictures with a zoom;
- Google Map - add simple google map;
- Heading - add simple heading;
- Image - add an image or a link to the image;
- Message Box - add different message box types;
- Partners - display the partners logos from existing list;
- Portfolio - add non-ajax portfolio to the page;
- Price Table - add simple and advanced price table;
- Products - we vivet this element for more comfortable use of WooCommerce. Through this element you can create lists of products, sorting them by time, sale, in alphabetical order. also you can create a roundabout from products. you can find all list of short-codes on the site WooCommerce ShortCodes;
- Progress Bar - add advanced and flexible progress bar;
- Promo Text - add special promo text with call to action button;
- Services - add custom services;
- Sidebar - add the chosen widgets in the sidebar;
- Tabs - add tabbed content area;
- Team - display selected team members from existing list;
- Testimonials - display the selected testimonials from existing list;
- Toggle - add simple toggle style with collapsible components;
Home Page Setup
Here is the explanation on how to setup your home page:
- first you need to create a blank page;
- if you want to have a slider on the home page, you have to install the Layerslider plugin and create a slideshow using Layerslider. To install the slider, read the Installation guide below;
- when the slider is created, please go to the home page and choose in "Page settings" Header type ? => Slider, and in Select Slideshow name of your created slider;
- please note that you can drag and drop the modules;
Blog Page Setup
Here we will explain you how to setup your blog page:
- the first thing you have to create a blank page;
- if you want to have a sidebar on the blog, please select page layout;
- once the page is created, please add "Blog" module using Evatheme Page Builder;
- click edit to adjust blog posts listing settings.
Portfolio Page Setup
To create a portfolio page on your site, please follow the steps below:
- please go to Portfolios section in the main WordPress menu and click Add New;
- there are 3 possible options of format (gallery, video and image)... For the gallery it is needed in the paragraph "Portfolio gallery settings" upload pictures and specify the height of the pictures. To display the video you need in paragraph "Portfolio video settings" to fill one of the fields, or "M4V File URL" and "Video Thumbnail Image", or "Embeded Code";
- then please add the content to your portfolio item page, text, featured image (very important as it will be a thumbnail for your portolio page);
- when all the items are created, it's needed to create a portfolio page, please go to the pages and add new page;
- create a page on which you want to display your portfolio, select Portfolio;
- please check the module settings, just click edit;
- when it is done, save the changes, and preview the page.
Revolution Plugin Installation
There are several ways to install WordPress plugin, we do prefer using FTP but you can choose other ways.
Please read more about plugin installation on the official website at http://codex.wordpress.org/Managing_Plugins
This theme is localized, which means it can easily be translated in your own language(easy but quite time consuming). To translate it you need to follow these steps:
- Download and install http://www.poedit.net/
- Go to /wp-content/themes/theme_name/framework/languages/ and open en_EN.po file.
- In the window that appears you have all the strings that were used in this theme, so you just need to go through them and write a translation.
- When you’re done go to File > Save as and save your translation in a *.po file.
- You should name your file pt_LANG. It’s just a naming convension WordPress_in_Your_Language.
- When you’re done translating open wp-config.php from your WordPress root folder and replace this line: define (‘WPLANG’, ”); with define (‘WPLANG’, ‘pt_LANG’). Since WordPress 4.0 site language defines in dashboard=>settings=>general